What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using wifi and 3g at the same time on an ipad

kgjhk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using iPad with 3G for Square Register. I would like to be able to print to my Square Register printer via wifi (no internet connection from the wifi) without disconnecting from 3G. How can I connect to 3G and wifi at the same time? I've read that it can be done, but cannot get it to work on my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first thought was to say "No, it can't be done." Then, I found this at Apple support:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3703817?start=0&tstart=0

And, at another site, I found this:

Connect to your wifi and write down the IP address your router assigned you. Then, select static tab instead of DHCP and fill in the IP address your DHCP server assigned to your iPad. Next, fill in the subnet mask but leave the rest of the fields empty.
You now have access to your wifi as well as 3G.

Now, I have no idea if this process works, but maybe it's worth trying? Booth mention using a static IP, so I think they are saying the same thing. Worth trying, I should think...

Marilyn

Most reactions