What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using multiple ipads as monitors to a single laptop or main ipad

mscud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that would allow someone to control from a windows laptop or another iPad, multiple other iPads? I know of air display, but it only connects one iPad to a laptop. Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that would allow someone to control from a windows laptop or another iPad, multiple other iPads? I know of air display, but it only connects one iPad to a laptop. Thanks

This question was raised a while ago. Indeed, at the time, I mentioned in the discussion a colleague of mine who wanted to control multiple iPads at a trade show from a single, central PC to avoid the need to continually have to go round and adjust each one individually.

The conclusion was that, unfortunately, no such app currently exists. If you should come across something in your search, it would be great to hear about it - my colleague would be extremely grateful!!!

Sorry I can't be of any more help - well, no help at all in fact!!

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologise for not welcoming you to the Forum!!

It was good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available for pre-order at the Apple iBooks store - available March 11th. It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

SkoolioStyles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES you can using two different apps!

Hey man great news! I am using "Air Display" to control 1 iPad and "iDisplay" to control another. Works great! I think you need mac OSX 10.6 or higher and u must turn off your bluetooth feature on both ipads. Have fun! I am a UI designer & this is quite useful!

lotte2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this the sort of thing he was looking to do? The slides change in sync with a laptop on multiple iPads. Effectively you control the screens on the iPads at a conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sawaris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Name of the h/w or software??

Hi can you please tell me the name of the product h/w or s/w that you are using to control multiple iPads using laptop?

vipinb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

it's been more then two years since these apps are out. which app is better iDisplay or Airdisplay, it will be good to hear people experience.

I use Airdisplay but the problem I face is that my iPad 3 resolution is too high compared to my laptop and everything becomes small...I know on Mac you can control the resolution but it is not possible in windows

also if I keep the app in background it dies in a minute...

Can someone who uses iDisplay share their experience...

Most reactions