What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPhone to remote control the iPad

seaturtle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the iPad. It's small and light and the screen is fantastic. It's great for giving presentations. Except that it's not often that the audience is sitting beside you in a business setting. Is there an app that will allow me to control the iPad with my iPhone so that I can turn the iPad screen to the audience and see what I am doing on my iPhone? No? Why not? Yes? Do tell.

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seaturtle --
If you're showing a Keynote presentation, or a PPT, using Keynote on your iPad, just get Keynote Remote in the App Store, install it on your iPhone, then enable it in Keynote. You'll have remote control and a built-in "laser" pointer. If you use a external display, you can also see presenter notes on the iPad.

Good luck.

erase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, want to be able to control my ipad video via a remote iphone app.
I have a sensory deprivation tank and want to install an ipad inside to show video.
But, I can't be inside the tank and want to select and trigger the start of the video
from outside the tank. Any thoughts?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are apps that turn an iPad into a second monitor for a Mac or PC, connected by USB cable. Run your content on your computer, and send its display to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts