What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using ipad to edit, move, delete files on my NAS drive

crazysilverwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and I just hope this is in the right place, I have an IPad2 and I'm loving it, has several generations of iPhone and thanks to apple I have the perfect compliment to that.
My issue is I need to be able to move and edit files on my NAS drive and be able to download a file from the Internet too my NAS drive, I haven't found an app to do this yet, and if I can sort this minor problem out then my laptop will just sit gathering dust as this is the only issue I have with the iPad.

Cheers

Onejk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I'm new to iPads and In dead iOS. I have stayed away from apple products until now. Had my new iPad for less than a week and accessing my NAS drive was high on my priorities. So far I have tried some of the free apps with limited success but file browser which was only a few pounds, is really good. Let's you move, delete, open files from a NAS drive and you can stream video if it's in a format native to what the build in video player supports.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
crazysilverwolf said:
Hi all, new to the forum and I just hope this is in the right place, I have an IPad2 and I'm loving it, has several generations of iPhone and thanks to apple I have the perfect compliment to that.
My issue is I need to be able to move and edit files on my NAS drive and be able to download a file from the Internet too my NAS drive, I haven't found an app to do this yet, and if I can sort this minor problem out then my laptop will just sit gathering dust as this is the only issue I have with the iPad.

Cheers

You might take a look at Buzz Viewer. It's been working well for me on my NAS and is very user-friendly.

OP
C

crazysilverwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers guys, I'll have a good look at those apps,
Any idea for downloading a file direct to the NAS

Daz

OP
C

crazysilverwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed the file browser app, awesome, allowed everything I wanted. Now I'll just have to dust off the laptop to backup the iPad every once and a while.... Cheers guys

Daz

Most reactions

Latest posts