What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using GoodReaderUSB

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't worry, there are several layers of 'are you sure you want to delete all your stuff' before anything bad happens.
no there isn't. i just deleted all of my apps on my iPad when i connected it to a new computer 2 days ago.
i had no warning, all i got was emptied iPad.

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aargh! Here I was thinking that any computer I want to do the GoodReaderUSB thing with just needs to have iTunes installed on it. But now you're telling me that they have to be authorized?

I think I need to go back and read that original thread in its entirety.

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Spink. Do you only use it with authorized computers or have you used it on any old computer that has iTunes?

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only used on authorized - only used on two comps - don't know if that matters.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not true. My work computer isn't authorized and it works fine. As long as the computer has iTunes installed - it doesn't even have to be running.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
Not true. My work computer isn't authorized and it works fine. As long as the computer has iTunes installed - it doesn't even have to be running.

Sorry my post was not clear - I was answering the previous post where he asked if I was using an authorized computer. :) thanks! I have edited my previous post for clarity.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if simply installing Bonjour is enough? Does the Goodreader program actually use iTunes or does it just ask for an iTunes install because Bonjour is installed along with it?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if simply installing Bonjour is enough? Does the Goodreader program actually use iTunes or does it just ask for an iTunes install because Bonjour is installed along with it?

Hm... Good question. I don't know. I kind of suspected it was because of the drivers that get installed along with iTunes, but I'm really no expert on iTunes - I connect that frothing regurgitation of software fail to my wonderful iPad as rarely as possible. :)

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Sridhar!

However

"iPhone Explorer is a free application for the PC and Mac which will enable you to view the files on your iPhone. It will also allow you tomodify the files on your iPhone. iPhone Explorer works for both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iPhones although the ability to access the root directory is only available on jailbroken phones.
iPhone Explorer is a great way to transfer files to and from the iPhone. Handy features allow you to preview the files and photos before transferring them. iPhone Explorer truly shines when it is connected to a jailbroken iPhone."

Read more: iPhone Explorer Review

I don't understand it allows you to modify files yet not give access to the root directory.

What is the root directory on an iPad anyway?

Most reactions

Latest posts