What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User guide..where is?

willtryit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question 1.
when I got my first and second I pads, there was a user guide with it (somewhere)..
Where can it be found?

QUestion 2.
Is there still a free user guide for the new I pad IOS? My friend just bought an I pad air with IOS 10, (I think I have it right.) where can she find the user guide for that? I noticed some for sale somewhere. Do we have to buy it?

Thank you
Ok

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Question 1.
when I got my first and second I pads, there was a user guide with it (somewhere)..
Where can it be found?

QUestion 2.
Is there still a free user guide for the new I pad IOS? My friend just bought an I pad air with IOS 10, (I think I have it right.) where can she find the user guide for that? I noticed some for sale somewhere. Do we have to buy it?

Thank you
Ok
The iPad user guide is free and can be found here. Apple - Support - Manuals
There are links for viewing it on the web or as an iBooks download.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't remember the user guide coming with any model iPad; though they did come with a little card with instruction on how to download the guide.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I got my first iPad, the user guide was already in Safari, no idea how it got there. I didn't bookmark it, I didn't know how to, back then. That's almost 5 years ago, so this might have changed.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I got my first iPad, the user guide was already in Safari, no idea how it came there. I didn't bookmark it, I didn't know how to, back then. That's almost 5 years ago, so this might have changed.

I forgot about the Safari bookmark. I havn't seen it in a while, but I don't know if that's because they stopped including it, or the fact that I haven't started with a clean iPad since the iPad 2; almost 5 years now I think.

I did notice the new and improved online guide the last time I went searching. It seems to have replaced the PDF version.

OP
W

willtryit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all! YES, JA... the user guide was connected to safari somehow..under pre installed bookmarks or maybe in reader mode. just found reference to it in one of the manuals referred to by one of you kind people

You can view the iPad User Guide on iPad in Safari, and in the iBooks app.

View the user guide in Safari. Tap
IL_Bookmark.png
, then tap the iPad User Guide bookmark. (If you don’t see a bookmark, go to help.apple.com/ipad.)

• Add an icon for the user guide to the Home screen: Tap
    IL_Action.png
    , then tap Add to Home Screen.

• View the user guide in a different language: Tap the language link (English, for example) at the bottom of the home page, then choose a language.
View the user guide in iBooks. Open iBooks, then search for “iPad user” in the iBooks Store.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts