What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use iPad Air Charger for Kindle Voyage?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Should work, and it won't hurt it to try. The USB charger part of the iPad charger meets USB standards.

It might supply more power than the Kindle needs, which will hurt nothing. Or less, in which case the Kindle will charge slowly, or not at all. Either way, no damage will be done.

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I actually purchased several of the Anker usb chargers, The big travel model with an extended 110 volt input cable puts out a max of 40W or 8 amps through 5 usb outlets. I have a couple of plug in models, 4 usb outlets each and they are rated 38W. With these I can plug in our two iPads and iPhones at the same time and still get full charging rates. I have at times had all of the mentioned apple devices charging and my Kindle HDX going at the same time. with no problems.
It's much more convenient than several different chargers, although at times it looks like spaghetti coming out of the charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts