What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use apps from desktop

svensmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got an iPad 2 for my work with interviewing people. The system we use is a browserbased questionarre (I think that is what you call it). The problem though, is that we have to keep track of how mand interviews we make by ourself. So I downloaded a clicker to keep track of the number - it just isn't very clever, as I have to open and close the app to + 1. So my question therefore is: is it possible to make the app active from the desktop, so that I can keep track of how many interviews I've made fast and simple, with just a single click on the desktop?

OP
S

svensmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you understand what I'm requesting, or is it simply a stupid question? I would just like an answer or some responce

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get what you are asking. You want to have the browser questionnaire and the clicker app up at the same time so you don't have to close one to open the other.

If you update the iOS to 5.1 you will be able to use 4 finger gestures to quickly swipe from one app to the other and back in a single motion without clicking any buttons.

Other than that no other way except to use two devices such as having the clicker on your iPhone.

Of course you can always buy a small physical $2 clicker.

OP
S

svensmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I found out about the 4-5 fingers commands and I think that is the best I can do for now. Maybe if I suddenly find a real life clicker I'll buy it, but for now this'll do.

Most reactions

Latest posts