What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB memory stick.

olsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a question before i buy a iPad Camera Connection Kit.

can i use a normal memory sticks to get documents from the ipad to a memory stick?:confused:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
With the Camera Connection, yes. You can use SD cards, or a USB memory device (some say even external hard drives). Do understand though, it will only see photos. You cannot transfer files..... So if you are wanting to transfer documents, it will not work.

You will find a lot of info about it on the iPad accessory forum, rather than this anything goes forum......

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the Camera Connection, yes. You can use SD cards, or a USB memory device (some say even external hard drives). Do understand though, it will only see photos. You cannot transfer files..... So if you are wanting to transfer documents, it will not work.

You will find a lot of info about it on the iPad accessory forum, rather than this anything goes forum......
What file types does the iPad support? Does it support movies taken with the same camera?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably not.

If you want true file transfer, you'll probably have to wait for the iPad to be jailbroken (hacked) and wait for someone to write and app for it.

mathew33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Memory Cards provide high re-record-ability, power-free storage, and enable us to store more digital contents.

Most reactions