What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA iPads to UK

mricho14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I buy an iPad 3 in the USA and bring it home to the UK, what potential problems are there with things like the warranty, downloading apps and general day to day use and will it automatically install my UK itunes account.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be OK. Only thing I can think of is the possible difference between AT&T and Verizon models. Not sure about the 3 but the Verizon iPad 2 worked only on the Verizon network. Perhaps a US user will have more info on this.

Tax is a consideration. Don't forget you'll be paying US sales tax at point of sale, as well as UK VAT on import. If you buy it in Canada, there is only one model type, and you can claim back Canadian GST (same as VAT except only 5%) on exported goods.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi only no problems at all (I have purchased 3 in the US over past two years), once you have a UK plug (if you don't have one you can get them cheap on eBay, just slide off the US plug). Can't comment on 4G model. UK iTunes account will work, as will a US account. You can use either account in either country - it just takes you to that country's app store regardless of your physical location. As far as I know, no problem with warranty - I'd suggest buying from an Apple store in the US as then there should be no problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts