What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS guy said something interesting...

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... oh yea... btw... IT IS HERE!!!

Anyways... the UPS guy was telling me "glad you are here! If you weren't we would have to reattempt delivery 2 more times!" So I asked him... "2 more times next week?" and he said "no, 2 more times today... we have to make up to 3 delivery attempts today before we take it back to the warehouse... that is the deal we made". So he made it sound like Apple & UPS worked something out to where if you aren't home on the first attempt today... they will try your house 2 more times today. Is that normal for Saturday delivery or is this something new just for the iPad deal.

But then again... who isn't gonna be home waiting for their delivery???

Alright... time to plug her in and get her loaded with apps!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome brobar, Congratulations! Glad you finally got it. I'm just drooling at all these stories. "Late April" feels like forever but these stories are getting me through it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... oh yea... btw... IT IS HERE!!!

Anyways... the UPS guy was telling me "glad you are here! If you weren't we would have to reattempt delivery 2 more times!" So I asked him... "2 more times next week?" and he said "no, 2 more times today... we have to make up to 3 delivery attempts today before we take it back to the warehouse... that is the deal we made". So he made it sound like Apple & UPS worked something out to where if you aren't home on the first attempt today... they will try your house 2 more times today. Is that normal for Saturday delivery or is this something new just for the iPad deal.

But then again... who isn't gonna be home waiting for their delivery???

Alright... time to plug her in and get her loaded with apps!

Oh wow! That's great, then maybe that also means they won't be able to leave it at the office. If they do I will be SO mad!

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one attempt is all I ask, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats! No sight of a big brown truck in my area yet. :(

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats! No sight of a big brown truck in my area yet. :(

IDan, for as much as you have put into this site, Steve J should have delivered yours first:D

I am also still waiting so hang tuff!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting here too :(
saaad.gif

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's very interesting.... that would explain the call-aheads that some people reported.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the workload these guys have I would seriously doubt they would come back 3 times to the same address. They would fudge the report first.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the workload these guys have I would seriously doubt they would come back 3 times to the same address. They would fudge the report first.

Are you kidding me, apple probably equipped the trucks with GPS units and the driver will be fired if they don't follow protocol. Apple put a LOT of money into this release!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you kidding me, apple probably equipped the trucks with GPS units and the driver will be fired if they don't follow protocol. Apple put a LOT of money into this release!

Yea more than likely apple is tracking the shipments in real time satellite video feeds to not only make sure the deliveries were made but to record the expressions of launch day ipad owners. Either that, or, they already charged your credit card and if you missed Saturday delivery you'll get it Monday/Teusday the latest. Don't mind me I'm just bitter I still have to wait for my 3G.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you kidding me, apple probably equipped the trucks with GPS units and the driver will be fired if they don't follow protocol. Apple put a LOT of money into this release![/QUOTE]

They scrambled F16's to help with tracking:D

Most reactions

Latest posts