What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading docs on job site using ipad mini

gdaniels5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new here and new to the iPad's. I use the iPad for schoolwork, work purpose and job search not just for leisure/pleasure. I like to search job sites as I am currently looking for change in career but haven't figured out or haven't found the answer to loading resumes and cover letters for the jobs I'm interested in. I read somewhere it could be done with icab so I got that app which has some really nice features. Thing is when I upload my resume to icab and then try to upload to the job site it says not compatible. Any work around for this? I'm kinda feeling like the iPads are limited for my everyday use. I have iPhone which I love and I've heard loads of great things about apple products but not liking the limitations so much...lol. Any help is appreciated

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure the file has the proper extension (.doc, .txt, .pdf). Without the extension most sites will say the document is incompatible.

Other than that, I've no ideas. While iCab Mobile is compatible with many sites, it won't work with all of them.

OP
gdaniels5

gdaniels5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you twerppoet for the tip. The files are .doc or .pdf but I will certainly bear in mind that not all sites will work. Thanks again!

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gdaniels5 said:
Hi there, I'm new here and new to the iPad's. I use the iPad for schoolwork, work purpose and job search not just for leisure/pleasure. I like to search job sites as I am currently looking for change in career but haven't figured out or haven't found the answer to loading resumes and cover letters for the jobs I'm interested in. I read somewhere it could be done with icab so I got that app which has some really nice features. Thing is when I upload my resume to icab and then try to upload to the job site it says not compatible. Any work around for this? I'm kinda feeling like the iPads are limited for my everyday use. I have iPhone which I love and I've heard loads of great things about apple products but not liking the limitations so much...lol. Any help is appreciated

I use onlive desktop its a great app for school work and uploading docs i use it for college and its great

mesii23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICab is decent but doesn't work with all sites as others mentioned.

Dropbox works fairly well, I use almost daily.

OnLive Desktop is my favorite, full desktop functionality (minus installing new programs) right on the ipad. Full Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and flash browsing via Internet Explorer. Does need a strong Internet connection, but otherwise, it is quite good

Sent from my iPad mini using Forum Runner

OP
gdaniels5

gdaniels5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that I have Dropbox and like that but you introduced me to onlive and I'm hooked! Thank you for that I works we'll for what I need it and yes I have already learned you need strong Internet connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts