What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upload azul videos to pc

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have several videos on my ipad stored in azul and would like to transfer these to my pc. When I hook up ipad to pc, everything syncs except azul videos and I can't figure out how to remedy this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am not familiar with Azul, so my comments are going to be general stuff that will be true of just about any third party media app.

iTunes will only sync with Apple's video and media apps. Third party apps are not supported other than for backups. Since the backup file is not user readable you'll have to find some other way to export your videos from Azul, if it is possible.

If video can be exported from Azul it will either be via an in app option (usually email), or through iTune's File Sharing feature. Yes, I know I just said iTunes won't sync files. This isn't syncing, it is support for moving files in out of apps; but only if the app supports it.

To find out connect your iPad to the computer and select it in iTunes. Go to the App section and scroll down to the File Sharing section. If the Azul app shows up in the list select it and see if your files are listed. If they are you can drag them to your desktop or a folder to copy. If Azul does not show up File Sharing is not supported. If the videos don't show then the app does not support export this way.

If neither the in app option (like email) nor the File Share solution work you are pretty much out of luck. You'll want to revisit wherever you got the videos originally and download them for your computer that way.

If your only option to rescue the videos are from the iPad, then there are a few tools the 'might' work. You can use iPhone Explorer (available for Windows and OSX) you can navigate to the app's directories and try to find the files. They may be there, or not. They may be in a format you can copy and use on the computer, or they may not. While coping files from the iPad using iPhone Explorer is fairly safe, copying file to the iPad is not recommended unless you know exactly what you are doing. You may damage the app and be forced to re-install it; losing all it's content.

It is always a good idea to keep valuable content saved in more than one place. As a mobile device your iPad is even more subject to accidental data loss than many computers.

Last edited:
OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. At least I can email them them to myself and open them on my PC.

None are vital-- just humorous videos sent from friends. But at least I know now not to place any large files in Azul that I want to keep for a long time to view on the PC.

OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Followup response--problem solved

Ok, now that I have reconnected my PC to my iPad, I opened up my apps in iTunes and scrolled down to file sharing as per your suggestion.

I was pleased not only to see Azul listed in file sharing, but also Oplayer.

I was able to transfer the Azul videos to PC hard drive and my problem is completely solved.

I thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts