What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emailing videos

lawnexecutive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

One of the problems I've been running into with my iPad is emailing videos. There does not seem to be a good way to do this. I was using the Azul video app, and it worked really well since I could just press the mail button and the video would open in an email already attatched. Shortly after this, though, that mail button disappeared and now I have to find a new way. I haven't been able to save video attatchments from my emails to the video app that came with the iPad, so even though I downloaded the video email + photos app, it has not really been than helpful. Any suggestions?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

One of the problems I've been running into with my iPad is emailing videos. There does not seem to be a good way to do this. I was using the Azul video app, and it worked really well since I could just press the mail button and the video would open in an email already attatched. Shortly after this, though, that mail button disappeared and now I have to find a new way. I haven't been able to save video attatchments from my emails to the video app that came with the iPad, so even though I downloaded the video email + photos app, it has not really been than helpful. Any suggestions?
I've never used Azul, but do you have any idea why the "mail button" disappeared? If it was part of the app originally, did they update it and remove it to your knowledge? If not you could try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Often that will resolve any issues.

With your iPad disconnected from your computer:
  • Tap and hold the app's icon.
  • Press the circled "X" in the upper left-hand corner and confirm the delete.
  • Go to the App Store and download the app again and let it install.
  • Confirm that the app is working.
  • Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
  • Re-sync your iPad.
Otherwise you could have a look at GoodReader. It's capable of opening most of the video files that will play on the iPad as well as emailing files.

Let us know how it goes!

OP
L

lawnexecutive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did an update on Azul, and after the update the mail button was gone. I'll try your suggestion and see how that works. Thanks!

OP
L

lawnexecutive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reloading the Azul app helped, and I am now able to send two of my three videos, though there is no mail button for one of the videos. I also saved a copy of each video in my email so that I can just forward the videos to anyone I like. It's the best solution I have found, though not the most ideal one.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reloading the Azul app helped, and I am now able to send two of my three videos, though there is no mail button for one of the videos. I also saved a copy of each video in my email so that I can just forward the videos to anyone I like. It's the best solution I have found, though not the most ideal one.
Glad to hear that you came up with a workaround of sorts.

Most reactions

Latest posts