What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade from 5.1 jailbroken iPad to latest official FW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a quick question: I want to restore my jailbroken ipad3 to the current latest version so I can upgrade to ios7 in the following days. Would you recommend that I restore factory settings first? I do have a lot of apps installed. Also, would any cydia or the few cracked apps that I have somehow interfere with the restoration process?

Thanks for your help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If this were a right and just world, you WOULD have issues with restoring your iPad with those "cracked" apps. You DO know that having cracked apps, and telling us, is akin to you admitting you are a pirate and have stolen property, right?

This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

However, I will give you the advice you need, mainly because restoring your device means you'll not be jail broken and so can't steal apps (thus giving jail breakers a bad name). So no, you won't have any issues upgrading to iOS 7 and you don't have to restore to factory settings first. You will have to do it using iTunes (just click the Restore or Upgrade button after connecting the iPad).

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts