What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updgrade to ios 5.0.1

kavneetrekhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2 it has ios 4.3.5. i Want to update to ios 5.01 but since version 5.1 is released so my iTunes wont let me do it.
My ipad2 is wifi+3g
please help me out
thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry,the signing window for iOS 5.0.1 closed on the 8th of march.It's now impossible to upgrade to that iOS version.You can only upgrade to iOS 5.1.

Last edited:
OP
K

kavneetrekhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seriously? there is no possible way?
and there is no jailbreak for 5.1 available.I am on 4.3.5 right now?what should I do?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kavneetrekhi said:
seriously? there is no possible way?
and there is no jailbreak for 5.1 available.I am on 4.3.5 right now?what should I do?

Either stay at 4.3.5, but more and more apps are now upgraded to work on iOS 5.x.x, or upgrade to iOS 5.1 and wait for a jailbreak to come along.

The Archangel

OP
K

kavneetrekhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh yes.Would it be possible to downgrade to 4.3.3
Note:My iPad2 came with ios 4.3.5 only so would it be possible to put 4.3.3 ?

edit:**** I can't which means there is no way to jailbreak my iPad

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were you I'd upgrade to 5.1 (it's the only place you can go to right now) and hang tight for a jail break, there has been lots of positive news about that recently. You might want to check through the great advice on the stickies in the hacking section first though.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts