What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update with my horrible ipad experience.

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now switched out my iPad 8 times. I originally bought from best buy and open 7 brand new machines. Each had it's own problems such as dead pixels, lifting bezel, and backlight bleeding. I finally called apple and they told me that I should not settle for it and make an appointment with the apple geniuses. So I got an apt right away (waited a bit in the store though) and showed my bleeding. He agreed and took out a brown boxed iPad that he claimed was new. So then he took me in the back and let me go into the employee bathroom to check the backlight bleeding. All I have to say is this one is near perfect. The best out of all the ones I had.
So, keep pushing until you are happy :)
I hope I don't see any problems later on.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now switched out my iPad 8 times. I originally bought from best buy and open 7 brand new machines. Each had it's own problems such as dead pixels, lifting bezel, and backlight bleeding. I finally called apple and they told me that I should not settle for it and make an appointment with the apple geniuses. So I got an apt right away (waited a bit in the store though) and showed my bleeding. He agreed and took out a brown boxed iPad that he claimed was new. So then he took me in the back and let me go into the employee bathroom to check the backlight bleeding. All I have to say is this one is near perfect. The best out of all the ones I had.
So, keep pushing until you are happy :)
I hope I don't see any problems later on.

Wow! Eight times. You must have the patience of Job. Unbelievable isn't it. Apple has always been known for great build quality. I had to replace mine because of slight bleeding and a poorly fitted seam around the edge of the unit. Like your last one, my replacement came out of a brown box. Fortunately according to people here, they say it is a brand new iPad. I'm happy with mine now. I hope all this mess has not left a sour taste in your mouth for Apple (no pun intended).

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the patience of Job indeed! lol. I am happy to hear that you get your composure together and despite going through 8 different iPad's u were able to get a good one in the end.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow 8 times! I guess ive been just lucky, ive had 2 ipad 2's and both came out without a single flaw. Im glad you finally got an iPad your happy with. Hopefully no issues arise with this one :)

OP
L

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :) I'm happy now. The funny thing is that all of my issues were confirmed by either best buy or apple. So it was not me being crazy and a perfectionist. I guess 8 is the lucky # lol

Most reactions

Latest posts