What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update 13

D

Deleted member 247820

I have iPhone 7
Updated to iOS13 perfectly, took awhile, but no issues.
I am getting used to the dark mode.
Operating speed seems about the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated a Pro 10.9 and the 2019Mini. The Pro took a while and the Mini flew through it. I like the dark mode and have not looked for any other new features. I have the Kindle app and use them for a lot of reading. That app often semi freezes or takes a long time to get past the Kindle home so I can open a book, also slow downloading a book. By contrast a Kindle fire is lightning fast compared to the apple tablets, wonder if it is the difference in Anderoid and ios or now iPadOS.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Kindle app has always behaved on my devices. A quick check and it seems to still be working well on my iPad Pro. I’ll check the other devices later.

Make sure the app is up to date. Since all the content is on Amazon’s Kindle site, you can always delete and reinstall the app. Of course, you’ll have to re-download the books you want to read.

The app update page in the App Store has changed. It’s now under your profile icon. Scroll down a bit to see the update list. Pulling the screen down still updates the list.

DEC10C7E-4742-4A5A-A14F-9891A12CD6F8.png

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I checked that. I did not know about the change for updating apps. Mine was set to auto update so everything was up to date already.

I have done the delete app and reinstall before and it seems to help for a while.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have iPhone 7
Updated to iOS13 perfectly, took awhile, but no issues.
I am getting used to the dark mode.
Operating speed seems about the same.

Hi PeterJM.. - I upgraded 4 iDevices today (2 for me & 2 for the wife; iPhone XRs & iPad Pro + Mini) - put all on 'dark mode' to try for a few days - not sure that I'll stay w/ that option and I bet my wife will want to change back - easy to do in 'Settings', so not a permanent situation. Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I checked that. I did not know about the change for updating apps. Mine was set to auto update so everything was up to date already.

I have done the delete app and reinstall before and it seems to help for a while.

You can see if Amazon has a support/feedback page for the iOS Kindle app (or in general). No other ideas.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Giradman!
Going to update iPad today.
Just got 13.1 on iPhone.
I think I will stay with darkmode.
Seems particularly good in "Settings".
At last some editing functions in Mail.

Most reactions

Latest posts