What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untethered vs Tethered Couple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have the Ipad 2 IOS 5 version wifi only.

We all know there isn't a unthethered version Jailbreak for the IOS5, but I've been reading about a tethered version. Couple questions on this.

1. Do you need a Mac computer to perform a tethered jailbreak on the Ipad 2 IOS 5, or are you able to use a windows operating system as well?

2. Is it a fact that I can Install the IOS 4 on my Ipad 2? I heard you can ONLY do this with WIFI ONLY version.

My goal in hand is to connect a USB / external hard drive to the Ipad 2 and store on it rather than using all the memory on the Ipad 2.

I'm really upset that havent found a Jailbreak for the IOS 5. As of now I have a strong feeling they wont produce a jailbreak for that update. Why?? That's just my luck.

Last edited:
OP
MIKES3

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a little more reading on another forum and saw there isnt a tethered version for the Ipad 2. Only the Ipad 1, so that bites the big one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts