What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unlock ipad with iOS 5.1.1 and baseband 07.11.01 ?

kinney_helen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I got an ipad 1 (wifi + 3G) with iOS 5.1.1 and baseband 07.11.01. Since I don´t use the native carrier (which is US ATT), I would like to do the jailbreak and unlock. Is it possible to unlock this ipad (redsnow or other)?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure the iPad is locked to the AT&T carrier? This is quite unusual unless you purchased the iPad at a significant discount in conjunction with an associated iPad SIM and data contract for AT&T.

By default, GSM iPad's in the USA come unlocked. I'm not aware of any 1st gen iPad's which were locked to AT&T. You should simply be able to put any valid GSM SIM card in it. Have you tried?

If the device is truly carrier locked, there is no way to unlock that baseband currently, even via jailbreaking.

Last edited:

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads bought from the apple store are unlocked (GSM only)

Most reactions