What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unload photos from ipad

hellsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new user to the ipad and have an ipad2. I connected with my itunes on my pc and all of my photos have downloaded onto my ipad. I don't want them all on and have changed the settings in itunes but when I re-sync with the ipad there are no changes. How can I unload the photos I don't want?
There is no option to delete them when viwing in photos.
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try turning off the photo syncing and then sync. It should remove all photos. Now set it up the way you want and see what happens.

Photos synced through iTunes can only be changed on the computer. You control what folders sync in iTunes. You control what pictures sync by adding or removing photos from those folders.

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I had over 9000 photos on my ipad2 and must have synced it with the photo syncing turned off, because I now have no photos on it. I turned on photo syncing but it will not put any photos back on. Don't know what to do now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, try restarting the iPad, just because.

Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears, slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds and hold the power button down again until the Apple logo appears.

Now, with the iPad connected go to the Photos syncing page and make sure the selections are correct. I'd even deselect the sync folder(s) and reselect them. Go to the computer folders being synced and make sure the pictures are really there.

If that does not work, you may want to delete the iPod photos catch. Here are the instructions for that.

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

After that, well, lets see what happens first.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I sync iTunes via a Dell Windows laptop - when I was just dealing w/ my iPod, not a problem - to upload photos to the iPod, I simply setup several extra folders in my Pics and copied what I wanted into those folders (this is fine if you want just a limited number of images); then simply setup your iTunes to sync w/ those folders - an easy solution.

Now when I added a new iPad2, I set up additional folders for that device (whatever name you want to label the folder or folders) - then w/i iTunes select the folders you want the iPad to sync - works for me, but I must say that this is rather clunky software - Apple really needs to redesign this program, but just my opinion! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts