What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Unlimited ebook for ipad] is it ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beuzathor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first post so maybe I don't know that I am spamming the forum....next time ill be banned ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is that it is not legal.
Or, it has a terrible selection.
I probably would not try it since they do not give you a sampling of what they actually have to offer.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
With $50 fee to check it out, looks like a scam. Legit offerings usually have a free trial period or some other way to introduce you to their product. There are thousands of free books on the Internet (and I mean legit ones) and some scam places simply package them up and sell them.....

For some free content go to http:/www.inkmesh.com type in a genre and hit the free button. That site is just one of many free places for books......

Here is another http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130. All the books are in ePub format, and will read perfectly in iBooks....

Last edited:

ifadpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With $50 fee to check it out, looks like a scam. Legit offerings usually have a free trial period or some other way to introduce you to their product. There are thousands of free books on the Internet (and I mean legit ones) and some scam places simply package them up and sell them.....

For some free content go to http:/www.inkmesh.com type in a genre and hit the free button. That site is just one of many free places for books......

Here is another ePub Books - MobileRead Forums. All the books are in ePub format, and will read perfectly in iBooks....
Don't label something as a "scam" without real proof. With many electronic products, it would be easy for someone to "scam" the owner of this membership site (if they offered a "free" trial period. Some people would take advantage of it, sign up, download the ebooks they wanted for their iPad and then cancel the membership before the trial period ends to avoid getting charged.

I see nothing wrong with a person creating a website/membership site and getting paid for their hard work. I take it you don't have a problem with Apple making money from the ebooks they sell off the bookshelf, so why would you have a problem with a small business entrepreneur doing the same thing?

Unless you have real proof that the website is ripping people off I would tone down the rhetoric. Oh, btw, you may have noticed the product is sold through Clickbank. Clickbank has a mandatory 60 day money-back guarantee on all products. So, if you think it's a "scam" just cancel the membership and request a refund. I suppose some unscrupulous person could do this to "scam" the owner of the ebook membership site.

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
There also seems to be perhaps a MLM side to it as well. Pretty harsh on me there ifadpan. I would have to ask why you, and others are advertising the site.....

Anyway, no biggie to me......

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Here is another ePub Books - MobileRead Forums. All the books are in ePub format, and will read perfectly in iBooks....
Don't label something as a "scam" without real proof. With many electronic products, it would be easy for someone to "scam" the owner of this membership site (if they offered a "free" trial period. Some people would take advantage of it, sign up, download the ebooks they wanted for their iPad and then cancel the membership before the trial period ends to avoid getting charged.

I see nothing wrong with a person creating a website/membership site and getting paid for their hard work. I take it you don't have a problem with Apple making money from the ebooks they sell off the bookshelf, so why would you have a problem with a small business entrepreneur doing the same thing?

Unless you have real proof that the website is ripping people off I would tone down the rhetoric. Oh, btw, you may have noticed the product is sold through Clickbank. Clickbank has a mandatory 60 day money-back guarantee on all products. So, if you think it's a "scam" just cancel the membership and request a refund. I suppose some unscrupulous person could do this to "scam" the owner of the ebook membership site.

Wow....pretty harsh response in a thread where the OP was questioning the legality of the website in question.

To be honest, you come across like you have a vested interest in this website. Your response felt like you took Bremen's comment personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts