What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown App on Ipad Mini 6

oldun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased a new Mini 6. I am a complete newbie to everything Apple but, so far, I have got most things up and running.

However I have a weird app on the device in which everything is written in a language which, to me, looks like Japanese.

The icon is square shape with the corners lopped off and the background colour is white. The icon is sectioned into 16 rectangles and has two concentric circles.

I am not really interested in the app but I do have a sneaking desire to know what it is.

My question is how can I get rid of it as I cannot follow to instructions?

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Generally on the iPad you press and hold the icon and a little screen pops up , one of the options is to remove the app, press it and go from there. Sometimes all the apps will start "shaking" and you will see an "-" on the upper left( I think) corner. press that and it will ask if you want to remove or delete and go from there also. This "shaking" also occurs when you press "edit the home screen" at which point there are the minus sign on all apps so you can delete multiple apps much faster.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have just purchased a new Mini 6. I am a complete newbie to everything Apple but, so far, I have got most things up and running.

However I have a weird app on the device in which everything is written in a language which, to me, looks like Japanese.

The icon is square shape with the corners lopped off and the background colour is white. The icon is sectioned into 16 rectangles and has two concentric circles.

I am not really interested in the app but I do have a sneaking desire to know what it is.

It sounds like an App that has failed to download properly. You should be able to delete it in the normal way.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

This is bizarre - I assume that since you're new to Apple that you did not restore your new Mini from a backup? Is this assumption correct? If so, I'm not sure of the explanation except for Jupiter7's statement above - if you can post a screenshot (directions HERE), then quite useful - looking forward to your response. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts