What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini iPad Reset

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me please. I have a 7th gen mini iPad which is set up with my name etc. I wish to give the mini to my wife and do a complete reset in her name etc. I'm aware of the hard reset and carried this out but it is still registered to me.

It would help if I could retain the existing Apps but change everything else.

Cheers,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - iCloud, turn off Find my iPhone, then delete the account. Then, go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. This will remove every information from the iPad, and you can set it up with her Apple ID.

If you set up Family Sharing, she can download apps, music, movies, ... you've purchased before.
In Settings - iCloud, select Family Sharing, and follow the instructions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Minor nit-pick, There is no such thing as a 7th gen iPad Mini. We're only up to the 4th generation (last I checked). I'm guesssing you meant 2nd gen.

OP
B

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings - iCloud, turn off Find my iPhone, then delete the account. Then, go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. This will remove every information from the iPad, and you can set it up with her Apple ID.

If you set up Family Sharing, she can download apps, music, movies, ... you've purchased before.
In Settings - iCloud, select Family Sharing, and follow the instructions.

Thanks for that J.A. - worked a treat! However, all my old contacts are still there (or were re-installed) and I would like to delete them all. Better still, to highlight most and delete them. I tried "edit" but it appears you can only delete one contact at a time which would take ages.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Grant

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you set up your email address on her iPad? If so, disable Contacts in Settings - Mail - your account.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah There ain't a 7th Generation Ipad Mini. Theres only the Mini 2 Mini 3 and Mini 4 I believe as of 2017.

Most reactions

Latest posts