What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unexpected iPad owner

PaulKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Registered here a few weeks ago because I was intending to buy myself an iPad for my birthday.

As the day approached, I gave up on the idea because even the basic 16 wifi model was a bit too expensive and so I settled for a second hand Galaxy Tab. (which is very good BTW)

Then today I got a text message from my son Mark, who is out in Australia nearing the end of his years work visa. He is 23 but has no interest in Tech or computing and only uses email or phone. Here is the text conversation

MARK: you got yourself one of those tablet things?

ME: yeah. How did you know?

MARK: your email said sent from Samsung tablet at the bottom.

ME; oh right. Yeah its great

MARK: kind of spoils the birthday present I got you. I didn’t post it cos I dont trust the post.

ME: what is it?

MARK: ipad 2

ME: no no it hasn’t spoilt anything

MARK: will you still want it?

ME: absolutely. Can I ask what model it is?

MARK: ipad 2

ME: there are 6 models. 16, 32 or 64gb and either with or without 3G

MARK: yours is 64

ME: what!!! Really? 3g or wifi only?

MARK: 3g

ME: really?

MARK: have I been had? Guy in the shop said it was the best one.

ME: no no you havnt been had. I need to sit down

So there you have it. I was already impatient waiting on him getting home mid September but now I have a little "extra" something to look forward to.

love the forum, laid back, no flaming going on, nice

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice story and quite a son!
Time to start thinking about accessories.
The first thing I bought, and I don't often see mentioned, is a usb extention. The charging cord that comes with the iPad2 is just too short for me.

OP
P

PaulKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, he is quite a son, even before he bought me an iPad :D

aaah yes the accessories. The iPad is lethel for accessories isn't it? I saw a fantastic looking bluetooth keyboard built in an aluminium base that doubles as a case. Very tempting. ;)

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that same keyboard/case combo in a thread on this forum. It is nice. I have the apple bt keyboard. I rarely use it.
Accessorizing can be expensive. But, it is fun!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions