What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under the Hood iPad 2, iPhone 5 and Apple TV

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine the iPad 2 bumping up the screen resolution more. It would have to be the same aspect ratio so that iPad apps could scale. So that means that there will now be iphone apps, ipad apps and ipad 2 apps in the app store? Sounds kinda fragmenty . . .

If they did bump the resolution, it would have to be a major bump or it wouldn't be worth it. They would have to have a 1600x1200 screen, which would be amazing at 206ppi, but would present a multitude of problems as well. A screen like that probably uses a LOT of power.

OP
earlyadopter

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I really want to hear is that the iPad 2 will have an A5 dual core processor inside to go with the upgraded GPU and at least 512 RAM

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The world outside the US doesn't really care about CDMA. New processor this year was a given I think and something I predicted on a thread here months ago :p

SD slot - built in camera kit maybe? I certainly wouldn't get excited about using it for much other than that; this IS apple we're talking about.

Retina display refers to much more than just the actual resolution - I don't think it will be the sort of change as seen between 3Gs and iP4 for similar reasons thphilli has said.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Retina display refers to much more than just the actual resolution - I don't think it will be the sort of change as seen between 3Gs and iP4 for similar reasons thphilli has said.

But it HAS to be that level of change or its not worth it.

Most reactions

Latest posts