What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to use youtube on iPad

Jolly Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guys,

I'm trying to connect to my account using the pre installed youtube player but no success,s it keeping me open my safari, ask my login details and nothing happens....just can see videos on safari

Is this a problems?

Regards

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be youtube app not compatible with ipad? Is urs the 3rd generation one? A lot of apps are needed to be updated for compatibility

OP
Jolly Rogers

Jolly Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, is the third generation. Should i chck for an update?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jolly Rogers said:
Yes, is the third generation. Should i chck for an update?

It shoudl already be update to 5.1 but if it isnt. I suggest til you hold off for a jailbreak option cuz they usually fix it faster than apple releasing their updates. If anyones reading this and owns ipad 3rd gen please take a look at this and see if its an issue.

OP
Jolly Rogers

Jolly Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried again! Now its working! Thanks!

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had this problem since google merged my email/google account with the YouTube account. The reason for this switch to safari, for me, was that I was using my old YouTube username/password, when I should have been using my google username and password.

codeX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem since google merged my email/google account with the YouTube account. The reason for this switch to safari, for me, was that I was using my old YouTube username/password, when I should have been using my google username and password.

Hi robby, I also encountered this kind of problem before too..
Everytime I log in to my email accounts, I wont log it out so it made my google account always signed in..
I was not expecting at all that gmail and youtube accounts would merged.. haha..

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this a problem where every time I click on a Youtube video the youtube app takes over automatically?

I wanted to use the Safari browser. The thing is it just changed on me without me doing anything.

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Magnetic1: If you prefer to use Safari for YouTube videos, go to Settings, General, Restrictions, and tap the ON/OFF button for YouTube so that it is on OFF and grayed out. All YouTube videos should then automatically play in Safari. (Got this hint from somewhere on the Internet and tried it right away - it worked!)

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Sissy526
There are setting on the iPad Safari? can you please tell me how to get into them?
Thank you

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using latest iPad for last 1 year. I have one query regarding to the youtube. I can upload any video on youtube but I am unable to download any thing. I am facing this problem for 10 to 15 days. What can I do ?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts