What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to fetch home mail to my iPad

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem setting up my iPad to fetch my home computer email. Time Warner says it's because they do not support imap and iPad does not recognize pop. Surely there is a workaround? I have it set up on Mobileme to retrieve the roadrunner mail but I can't figure out how to retrieve my roadrunner.com mail from my iPad. Does anyone know?

OP
C

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone walk me thru it, please? It's obvious I don't know how and Time Warner even suggested I call them back and let them know how to do it. Help. Thanks!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
From the Apple support site, a good place to check for help on your iPad :)

Before you can use your email account on iPad - you need to add your account to Mail.

Tap Mail
Select your account type. Tap Other if your account is not listed.
Enter your account information and tap Save. Mail configures most email accounts automatically. Otherwise, you will be prompted for any additional settings.
Once your account information is saved - you can start sending and receiving email.
You can configure additional accounts by tapping Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account

And here is my quick version:

Settings
Mail (5th one down)
Add account
Other
Add account
Fill in info

And below is the Apple support site for your iPad...

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/

Last edited:
OP
C

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bremen, I swear I tried exactly what you advised for more times than I can count on one hand and the POP button NEVER showed itself until this time. Thank you so much for helping me. I was doing something wrong but now it's set up! I appreciate your helping me and I know it's not the first time!Thanks again!!!!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem setting up my iPad to fetch my home computer email. Time Warner says it's because they do not support imap and iPad does not recognize pop. Surely there is a workaround? I have it set up on Mobileme to retrieve the roadrunner mail but I can't figure out how to retrieve my roadrunner.com mail from my iPad. Does anyone know?

LOL, Gotta love lazy tech support....I don't know = it isn't supported.

And yet they collect a paycheck!

DavidSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Add you email information and it would be ok. I just refer to the support construction and succeed to make it.:)

Kenneth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What should be entered in the three fields under Incoming Mail Server?

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What should be entered in the three fields under Incoming Mail Server?

Depends who your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is. Mine is Cox Cable in RI.

Example:

Incoming is: pop.east.cox.net
Outgoing is: smtp.east.cox.net

Contact your ISP and they will gladly supply you with the info you need.

Most reactions

Latest posts