What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail not being retrieved properly.

matyd1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 cox accounts and 1 gmail account. My gmail and ONE of my cox accounts pulls mail fine. I have both cox accounts set up identically. I'm baffled. They are both pop3 accounts, I have the smtp and pop3 setup identically. When I first setup the account they both retrieved mail from the server, now only one will.... Any ideas? I must have something set up incorrectly because my iPhone and all 3 accounts retrieves mail without incident. Suggestion?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 cox accounts and 1 gmail account. My gmail and ONE of my cox accounts pulls mail fine. I have both cox accounts set up identically. I'm baffled. They are both pop3 accounts, I have the smtp and pop3 setup identically. When I first setup the account they both retrieved mail from the server, now only one will.... Any ideas? I must have something set up incorrectly because my iPhone and all 3 accounts retrieves mail without incident. Suggestion?

One possibility that causes problems to many users is that the iPad often has auto-capitalise switched on by default, so when you type in your email password - unknown to you unless you're watching very carefully - the iPad capitalises the first letter of your email password when perhaps you intended it to be lower case. Worth checking before we get on to the complicated stuff!!

Tim

OP
M

matyd1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know I went in and retyped my password watching for the caps lock.... Everything still didn't work, so I thought, "Hey I'll delete it and re add it..." did that and it works perfectly. Lol I have no idea what was done differently but ah well. Thanks for the reply though. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts