What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to download or update apps

devjeet1988

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello frnds from the last 2 days I m facing this problem. Whenever I'm downloading or updating any apps on my iPad it stops downloading in the middle n says unable to download retry or cancel. I checked my net connection it's working fine.
I m using iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 wifi.. Plz help me out
Regards
Dj

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
devjeet1988 said:
Hello frnds from the last 2 days I m facing this problem. Whenever I'm downloading or updating any apps on my iPad it stops downloading in the middle n says unable to download retry or cancel. I checked my net connection it's working fine.
I m using iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 wifi.. Plz help me out
Regards
Dj

Did you check your storage capacity? Maybe space on your iPad is the problem.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem, I deleted the app and then downloaded it again and it was solved. Just be aware it can delete all your files or game saves in that app when you delete the app so only do this if it's not an app with important word docs in or something you can't save. If its just a simple game or login app, delete it and download again. It will download the updated version.

This issue is occuring with more and more iPads lately I see. This issue was effecting me downloading ally updates but this resolved it. Good luck.

AngusRT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
devjeet1988 said:
Whenever I'm downloading or updating any apps on my iPad it stops downloading in the middle n says unable to download retry or cancel. I checked my net connection it's working fine.
Regards
Dj

ME too. Two days ago, tried to update three apps via 3G, gets half way through and then stops, iPad has been on for two days solid, everything else works fine. Tried a reboot, no change. I will await until Monday PM before panicking, may be all server IT staff are at home with family and will spot the problem on Monday morning and reboot server....

As has been pointed out, deleting the file on the iPad will probably delete all files. Note to self. Must remember to back up all files before updating software as per desktop. Is there a way of canceling the update and carrying on with the old version?

Angus

OP
D

devjeet1988

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Network reset tried dint work. iPad space available. I tried deleting n downloading again bt still dint work. May be some prob wid the server as Angus said. Let's see..

moozer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem! I finally solved it by updating all my apps on my PC, then doing a SYNC. This updated 99% of my hanging updates!

Most reactions

Latest posts