What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Tesco customer buys iPad but finds clay in the box instead

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
colin-marsh-ipad_2735111b.jpg

According to KentOnline, a UK customer an iPad from Tesco retailer but was shocked to discover three lumps of clay inside the box, rather than Apple’s tablet. Colin Marsh paid £470 for the tablet and he intended to gift it to his two daughters. When he returned to the store to try and obtain a refund, he found out that Tesco’s staff had actually reported him to the police for attempted fraud.

Marsh said:

I couldn't believe it when I saw what was inside the box. Maddie was devastated. I took it back to Tesco, but they said they couldn't give me a refund and would need to carry out an investigation.

Two days later, Colin Marsh, who is a local businessman and runs two bakeries, was held in a cell for three hours and questioned by the police. He was accused of trying to scam the supermarket and endured two months on bail before the case against him was finally dropped because.

The iPad that should have been in the box for Colin Marsh was tracked down to more than 200 miles from where he had bought it. Mr Marsh has since got his money back but said Tesco had not properly apologised, saying the following:

You just can't treat people like that. It's absolutely disgusting. I'm not after loads of compensation or anything, but I've not even had so much as an apology from Tesco. It's disgraceful.

A Tesco spokesman commented on the sad event:

We were very disappointed to learn that the product we sold to Mr Marsh had been tampered with. We would, of course, never knowingly have sold it to Mr Marsh, and we apologise sincerely for the problems this has caused him. We immediately launched an internal investigation and shared the information we gathered with the police. The police investigation and the actions they took are a matter for the police.

What do you think about this curious and unusualy situation?

Source: KentOnline

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Supermarket mentality ...! Only buy new direct is my moto !

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Most reactions

Latest posts