What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh oh

JMP986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
During my last sync, I got this message: "A new version (4.3.5) is available for the iPad. Would you like to download it and update your iPad now?"

I did this and now none of my apps work. when I click on an App, the screen flickers and then returns to the Home Page.

Anyone have any ideas?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JMP986 said:
During my last sync, I got this message: "A new version (4.3.5) is available for the iPad. Would you like to download it and update your iPad now?"

I did this and now none of my apps work. when I click on an App, the screen flickers and then returns to the Home Page.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try one more sync, I'm just guessing here though. Someone else may jump in...

OP
J

JMP986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried another sync .... no joy

I checked on the settings for itunes and noticed that Sync Apps was not checked off. When I click on it, a warning message comes up asking if I am sure I want to sync apps as all the apps on my iPad will be lost and replaced with apps on the itunes library. Currently the ipad shows all my apps but the screen is greyed out; the libary has very few apps on it. Is there any way to direct the sync to overwrite the library with the apps on the ipad?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have seen a couple reports that 4.3.5 is causing some problems but, that is always the case. I don't have the answer and suggest that, if you have a lot of settings etc., keep calm, maybe watch a movie, and "the poet" will probably show up. He is our resident expert on iTunes and this type of thing and I think he will be able to solve it for you. If you hack it, you might lose all of your settings and data. Don't worry about getting the programs back, that will be no problem.

OP
J

JMP986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Problem solved. ... Installed a new app and then all my apps worked again

Yeh!

Most reactions