What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter and Instagram question

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Twitter app installed, I do not have the Instagram app installed as there is no camera on my Ipad version. Typically when I am reading a tweet and there is a link to an Instragram photo I click on the link and the photo will open right up for me. The last day or two all I get is a blank page when I click on the links. Is there something I maybe need to reset or something else that I can do so that I can be able to open the pics up again. Thanks!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Twitter app installed, I do not have the Instagram app installed as there is no camera on my Ipad version. Typically when I am reading a tweet and there is a link to an Instragram photo I click on the link and the photo will open right up for me. The last day or two all I get is a blank page when I click on the links. Is there something I maybe need to reset or something else that I can do so that I can be able to open the pics up again. Thanks!!

Hi Murphzmom--it sounds like you have the iPad 1-the original iPad, that doesn't have a camera. Since the iPad 1 has only 256 MB of RAM it's recommended that you close your apps routinely to free it up.

Force the app to close down by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

You may also wish to turn off your iPad or reset it. To do this see below:

... restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo.

By the way, twitter did have a recent update this week. I haven't updated it yet, however, I am not having the issue you are. Not sure if you updated it on your end and this is the reason for your pics not loading?

OP
M

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am still having problems. I have not download any updates to my app this week. All of my apps are closed and I have even reset my iPad. I still cannot open any Instagrams pics. It is frustrating as it was working fine one day and I did nothing different and all of a sudden it will not work. Do you think I should email Apple tech support?

Thanks!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am still having problems. I have not download any updates to my app this week. All of my apps are closed and I have even reset my iPad. I still cannot open any Instagrams pics. It is frustrating as it was working fine one day and I did nothing different and all of a sudden it will not work. Do you think I should email Apple tech support?

Thanks!!

The only other thing I would try is to delete your Twitter app and re-install to see if the app will then work.

By the way are you having issues with other apps?

OP
M

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled, reset my iPad, re-installed Twitter and I am still having the same problem. All of my other apps are working just fine. It is just something that I annoying the heck out of me.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I uninstalled, reset my iPad, re-installed Twitter and I am still having the same problem. All of my other apps are working just fine. It is just something that I annoying the heck out of me.

It's hard to say that this is a hardware issue of your other apps are working properly. Have you tried to download and register with Instagram?

There have been some recent changes between twitter and Instagram, but am not sure if it is specific to your issue.

OP
M

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I downloaded the Instagram app and registered and I also downloaded Instagram via Safari and still had no luck. I can use Twitter on my Kindle Fire and the instragram links work fine. I am just catching things that way until I can figure out my iPad situation.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is not a ram issue at work here. I don't use either of these apps, so can't test them myself, plus I don't have an iPad 1.

See if deleting your History and Cookies and Website Data from Safari will make a difference. These steps will free up more ram and may then allow you to open these photos. You will lose any automatic log ins you may have with certain sites, but these are easily established again.

Settings - Safari

Most reactions