What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twins spend more than $1500 buying virtual pets on iPad app

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
Most petrol stations seem to have a rack near the tills with all sorts of gift cards for various outlets. I bet they will have ITune ones there.

Yes, I'm surprised with what is available now. Asda my nearest supmrkt sell everything at the services desk and I been going in therefor years now and I didn't hav a clue. As soon as I bought this iPad, which was just to watch the football matches on sky which I cannot watch on tv, I realised I had a lot of catching up to do. So I tell lads in the gym and at footy, cos I still play and now I'm getting, Ah, but u wanna do this it's betr. It's goes on and on. I moved on from, what is a gift card to which is the cheapest, I'm on a pension see. Thankyou Elizellen

Sopranosv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do you let your kids play with your iPad/iPhones/iPods??? I am sorry, but this only probes how stupid some parents are. The kids did not only have access to the iDevice, but they know the password for the Apple Store. Why did the parents give the kids the password???

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do you let your kids play with your iPad/iPhones/iPods??? I am sorry, but this only probes how stupid some parents are. The kids did not only have access to the iDevice, but they know the password for the Apple Store. Why did the parents give the kids the password???

gullibility in a word!

but then i'm in my mid Sixties, grew up in a time of having and expecting other people to have like scruples, unlike now where it seems it is a forgotten charm.

People ask why give out passwords, well confronted with a gaggle of kids asking to download free apps, it becomes very difficult to keep being interrupted while trying to do housework, run a business etc. Even for a free app it is the same password as for a bought app or in game content, to me that is far more stupid, yet so easy to remedy.

In the UK Trading Standards are looking to stamp down on these purchases, taking the tack if not proved authorised by the card owner, child purchases are not deemed binding. Not sure how they will enforce this, but might mean the Software houses will have to change their ways,

to me that is simple to achieve, a good example is PayPal payments can be authorised by a text code to your phone, but requiring your code.

I understand people saying 'would you give your credit card to a child?' but i ask would you be happy or feel justified to to accept a small, let alone such a large payment from a child simply for game content?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tisk, tisk.... These tablets are not made for children nor are they instant babysitters. #learningthehardway

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tisk, tisk.... These tablets are not made for children nor are they instant babysitters. #learningthehardway Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

do you have a smart Tv, do you stop children using iplayer, recording 'their programs" on Sky+ etc for which they go to bed to early to see, so are broadcast after the water shed?

Don't have twin pillow monitors for them to watch DVDs on those 'are we there yet" journeys?

hmmmmm!

Most reactions