What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning batteries around for Apple BT keyboard

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Brother suggested when I travel since the keyboard is right next to the IPad in my bag and there is no on off switch that I should just turn the batteries around.
Does anyone know if this could damage the circuitry of the Keyboard? Would it just be a better idea to just remove the batteries while traveling?
I know it's of a minimalist design and it's sleek and cool and all that but they could have at least given us an on off switch. The switch on the right when pressed does not turn it off from what I can see.

I supposed I could also just turn off the BT under settings when traveling!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about the batteries, but I can tell you that you can turn off the keyboard.

Press and hold the right side button until the green light fades away/is gone completely. Then, it's off.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that. I did not know if you hold the button until the light goes off it actually switches the keyboard off.

Most reactions