What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Your iPad into a Giant Fridge Magnet with FridgePad!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

This little gadget from Woodford Design called the FridgePad is all over the Internet today, with sites such as 9to5Mac taking a real shine to it. The FridgePad is the work of UK design firm Woodford Design, and will go on sale at Amazon in Autumn 2010 for £49. Basically, it's a way of fixing your iPad onto your fridge, just like a giant fridge magnet. Although for some of us, the thought of having our iPad in the kitchen and right near the area where all manner of drinks and foodstuffs could be splashed and spilled is enough to make us queasy, I've also read about plenty of people who like using their iPad as a recipe book and often have it in their kitchen. I guess it's similar in concept to those fridges that have flat-screen TV monitors built into the door.

Woodford says that the FridgePad is cast and machined from high-quality aluminium, and finished in anodised silver, with more custom powder-coated painted finishes on the way, in cream, white and black. It has been specially designed to hold your iPad snuggly in place, with fast and easy clip-in and clip-out action. They'll even future proof it for you by throwing in replaceable corner clips, so that if and when Apple changes the iPad's design, you can buy new corner clips that will fit with the new shape. You can't order the FridgePad yet, but you can register your interest at Woodford's site if it sounds like something that would appeal to you.

Source: 9to5Mac

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as far as having it in the kitchen that's ok, there's screen protectors but near a magnet isn't that a no-no ?

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as far as having it in the kitchen that's ok, there's screen protectors but near a magnet isn't that a no-no ?

Probably not so bad. The drives are now SSD's and not magnetic disc platters.

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
won't take off. It's not far from what's needed but it's not there yet. You need to be able to more the iPad around. Imagine the holder for your sat nav in your car. You can swivel it around to view it at different angles. That's what's needed.

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be more worried about someone slamming the fridge door too hard and the device flying to the floor. I have other magnetic things on mine and it happens every now and then.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the spam to being after you hit your minimum post count.

sandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be more worried about someone slamming the fridge door too hard and the device flying to the floor. I have other magnetic things on mine and it happens every now and then.

Yeah, I've just thought about this after reading the article. It seems not very secure to put such a costly device on a fridge door. Though I like the whole idea. It looks pretty stylish, and I think it's very handy.

Twiddles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.... ????????? Your going to "stick" your $700+ dollar iPad to your fridge.

Psssst picture this........ GOT KIDS...... I would almost pay you to see you stick something this heavy to a fridge. :)

Most reactions