What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Your iPad Into a Classic Typewriter

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Lots of iPad mini excitement and news swirling around right now, but amidst all this revolutionary new technology stuff, The Huffington Post takes us way back in time with the extraordinary-looking iTypewriter keyboard for the iPad. The iTypewriter is the invention of industrial designer Austin Yang from Edinburgh, and aims to integrate “the old feeling of typing and…the latest technology,†with “strong haptic feedback†when you use it. The Huffington Post isn’t particularly impressed with the iTypewriter as an actual working keyboard, and you can see why from the video, as you’ve got to figure that the screen is taking a pounding from the keys hitting it like that! Their readers also seem to be tied between thinking its “Pretty stupid†and “Pretty awesome.†The Huffington Post says that Yang is no stranger to this sort of experiment, having also created the iTurntable, which is an iPod dock that looks like an old-fashioned record player.

Source: iTypewriter, Austin Yang's Old Fashioned Keyboard For iPad, Isn't Meant To Be A Joke, Surprisingly (VIDEO)

Last edited by a moderator:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And tomorrow you can turn your iPad into an 8-Track player as well :D

Seriously though I'd just stick with a bluetooth keyboard.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My issues with this,is the constant typing would probably wreck havoc on the screen.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems pretty stupid to me. They should go back to an IBM selectric instead.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll wait for the accessory that turns my iPad into a Gutenberg press.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
StanFalc said:
What about cuneiform writing support?

The glass screen will be pretty hard on the classic reed stylus...they'll have to come with a whole new set of rubber ones! Too funny!

Attachments

• image-1574270910.jpg
    image-1574270910.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 340

Most reactions

Latest posts