What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn off password to open iPad Air

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I open iPad air a box comes up that I have to put in 4 numbers, it is annoying how do I switch it off any help please

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I open iPad air a box comes up that I have to put in 4 numbers, it is annoying how do I switch it off any help please
To turn off your passcode go to Settings>Passcode>Turn Passcode Off and tap on it. Select turn off in the pop up that appears.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also set a time delay before you need to enter the number. Might be a balance between annoying and improved security.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Do you have the iPad Air or the Air 2 (your post is in the iPad 2 forum)? If the Air 2, then use the 'fingerprint technology' - I love it on my Air 2!

If not, then the security settings are there for your protection - I can understand a lack of need if your iPad stays in your house and you do not mind others (e.g. family, friends, kids) using the device, but if you have easily accessible personal information saved, such as bank and/or credit card numbers, then that could be catastrophic; of course, this is much more ominous if you take the iPad out of the house and on travels, such as I do - an unsecured stolen iPad is a thief's delight! Dave :)

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 air and can't always get my fingertip to work and then I have to
put my four numbers.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 air and can't always get my fingertip to work and then I have to
put my four numbers.
If you have trouble getting your fingerprint to scan properly you could try deleting it and setting it up again.

Most reactions

Latest posts