What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

turn off copy setting?

tonipalavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me with this iPad turning blue for copying on it's own --- it is driving me crazy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you explain a little more. I'm not sure what you mean by your iPad 'turning blue'. Do you mean the colour of the screen turns blue when you try to use 'copy and paste'?

Tim

OP
T

tonipalavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
turn off copy setting

I do not use the copy and paste feature at all, but the screen colors the page or a section of the page blue as though I am going to copy. Then I have trouble getting the blue area/page clear again. Make sense? I'd like to turn off the copy setting if I could but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks, Tim, for your help.

Blessings,
Toni

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Toni - welcome to the forum! :)

Still not completely clear? Is this behavior happening in all of the apps that you open, some of them, or in just web browsers?

Usually, the copy & paste feature of the iPad comes alive when you 'hold & release' over an area of text or do some tapping - assume that you are not touching the area(s) that turn 'blue'?

Strange - :( If not already done, you might want to restart or then reset (if the restart does not clear up the issue) the iPad - DIRECTIONS HERE!

Please post back if still having a problem - and I'm sure that Tim will 'chime in' soon if not already - :D Good luck!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Giradman, thanks for this. You have asked the questions I wanted to ask too.

Tim

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took me a moment but I get exactly what the OP means...happens to me now and then.

On a website for example if you accidentally touch an area the entire area (a block of text for example) will be highlighted with a blue overlay, the same blue overlay that would highlight a single word to allow you to copy it. Usually it requires touching the specific area three to fours times. It's great if you want to copy that entire area, but annoying if you only meant to move the page, etc. The "feature" won't work on everything, it depends on how the document or website is built. It works best with documents, but will work on some websites.

In any case, it's a matter of touch. Resting your fingers or touching the screen in just the right way...so that the iPad thinks you want to copy an area is what causes it. If it happens generally touching an area outside of the highlight removes it.

Best advice is to simply be a little more careful how and when you touch the iPad's screen.

I don't know of any way to turn the copy feature "off" though.

I'm moving this to the help section for those that follow.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts