What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn off audio alerts?

Scray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was wondering how I could turn off any audio alerts while I am watching a movie or listening to a album.

I did ring Apple Care protection Plan And to be honest I think my $100 was wasted joining I believe I didn't get any help at all and In the end I was giving more information to the guy than the other way round.He was such a rude person that wasnt in charge of his job unfortunately.

I f you can help that would be great. cheers

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was wondering how I could turn off any audio alerts while I am watching a movie or listening to a album.

I did ring Apple Care protection Plan And to be honest I think my $100 was wasted joining I believe I didn't get any help at all and In the end I was giving more information to the guy than the other way round.He was such a rude person that wasnt in charge of his job unfortunately.

I f you can help that would be great. cheers
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With respect to your question, you can mute audio alerts by going to your Settings App > General > Sounds. At the top of the list of alerts is a audio volume control. Move it to the far left to turn audio alert sounds off.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
S

Scray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals

With respect to your question, you can mute audio alerts by going to your Settings App > General > Sounds. At the top of the list of alerts is a audio volume control. Move it to the far left to turn audio alert sounds off.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Thank you for your help. Cheers

OP
S

Scray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:

iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals

Welcome again and enjoy!

Thank you I will try it. The Office told me about that but told me it will also turn volume off movies too . I have since found out that information is not correct Hehehe I think that's why I was frustrated sorry if I upset anyone . Cheers.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're just talking about system sounds, then the Mute button or soft switch will also mute these but without affecting the normal audio...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts