What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to sync books already in iBooks back to iTunes with no luck

daisybelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new iPad owner, loving iBooks, it's wonderful. I previously owned a Sony eBook reader, and had several .epub books, which I put in my iBooks library.

To do this I would email my .epub book files to myself, and then when I opened my email in my iPad and clicked on the file, it would ask if I wanted to open it in iBooks, and I would do that.

Well that's great, I now have all my books on my iPad in iBooks, BUT, I want to back them up in iTunes, and when I plug my iPad into my computer and sync the books, they don't show up in iTunes.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this, or is it because I didn't purchase these books thru iTunes, that it won't allow me to store them in iTunes. I'm worried that if something would happen to my iPad, they won't be backed up and I don't want to have to go to the bother of mailing myself all these files again. Thanks for any help you can give me.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
daisybelle said:
I'm a new iPad owner, loving iBooks, it's wonderful. I previously owned a Sony eBook reader, and had several .epub books, which I put in my iBooks library.

To do this I would email my .epub book files to myself, and then when I opened my email in my iPad and clicked on the file, it would ask if I wanted to open it in iBooks, and I would do that.

Well that's great, I now have all my books on my iPad in iBooks, BUT, I want to back them up in iTunes, and when I plug my iPad into my computer and sync the books, they don't show up in iTunes.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this, or is it because I didn't purchase these books thru iTunes, that it won't allow me to store them in iTunes. I'm worried that if something would happen to my iPad, they won't be backed up and I don't want to have to go to the bother of mailing myself all these files again. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Try adding the epub books to itunes via the computer instead, as others have had probs adding via ipad/iphone but adding via computer then syncing worked

I bleed in 6 colours

OP
D

daisybelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm learning....

I've learned to pull them into iTunes first now, I was just hoping that the previous entries could be synced back to iTunes from my iPad, but maybe that isn't doable. Thanks for the help, though. I figured it wouldn't be an easy fix. :mad:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's weird, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've had it go both ways.

You can try right clicking on the iPad in iTunes and choosing Transfer Purchases. That might work, and should not hurt anything. It's a good idea to do this once in a while anyway, since it will also move any music, apps, or other Apple content you've purchaed to iTunes, where it is safe(ish) from sudden iPad failiures (rare but not unknown).

Most reactions

Latest posts