What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to decide...

MelvinTopaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the new iPad or buy an iPad2. I understand the new one is a lot better particularly the image quality.

I've been watching Craigslist and I'm finding prices that a week ago could not have even been imagined.

In addition to being able to get an iPad2 do cheap I've read two articles stating that you must get at least ac16 GB new iPad because of the increased size of the new apps.

If I make it a point not to look at the new iPad do you think I'll be happy in the long run with the iPad2 or should I just man up, bite the bullet, and buy the new model?

Thanks,

Michael

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on your budget and your needs. If you can afford the latest and greatest go for it. Don't forget a new iPad 2 will be limited to 16Gb, so if you figure you need more storage, and still want it cheap, a used 32 or 64 would be the way to go.

If cost is no object, future proof yourself and get the 64gb iPad 3.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only you can really decide this as you have to live with your choice. Sounds like you can afford the new one too! Me, if I was getting one right now, I would go for it all, but that's me. How do you normally do things? Do you buy the new car or the superseded one? Decisions, decisions! Good luck!

hilsroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are ipad 2s bought from now limited to 16GB then? Must have missed that gem in all the fuss with the new ipad! In that case, definitely go for the new ipad, 32 GB min. That way, its capacity will see you through for quite a while even with apps taking up more space. Just my opinion, mark you... no doubt others will disagree!

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was in that situation too, I still have my original iPad and have maxed out it's 32GB space for a few months. I almost pulled the trigger and bought the iPad2 a couple months ago tired of not having the space I wanted but I knew The New iPad was coming so I impatiently waited ... and against what I thought was going to happen, the waiting didn't kill me as it will be delivered tomorrow. Pending I make it through the night, LOL.

Your decisions, what do you think you will be more comfortable with? Me, I'm glad I went with The New iPad ... good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts