What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trustworthy websites to sell my phone

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What are the best ways to find trustworthy websites to sell my phone?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, let us know what iPhone (my assumption) you own - older ones may not be worth the effort. Second, you are likely to get numerous suggestions (and 'trustworthy' is vague and hard to determine attribute?) - some googling will bring up numerous sites and with variable offers.

Let me simply relay my experience in trading in or selling back old iDevices: 1) I've traded in several to Apple when buying a new iDevice - so, if you plan to buy something new from Apple then a good choice; 2) I've sold several old iPads to the Its Worth More website for decent prices - a recommendation; and 3) My son, a professional IT person responsible for 'buying and selling' many Apple products, both laptops and iDevices, uses Gazelle - he likes their no hazzle reliability but the prices are not the best.

Finally, you need to properly setup your iDevice for sale or donation (say, to a relative or friend) - the service you use will provided specific and detailed directions - also, look here at Apple's KB Article on the subject. Good luck. Dave

ADDENDUM: Of course, you can always do a trade-in w/ your cell phone provider - last fall we exchanged my wife's old iPhone 6 for the XR w/ Verizon; well, they had a special deal, i.e. a second iPhone XR for free (obviously the data plan cost), but I ended up w/ a smart phone to replace my 'dumb one'!

Last edited:
OP
R

Rosstaylor9855

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, let us know what iPhone (my assumption) you own - older ones may not be worth the effort. Second, you are likely to get numerous suggestions (and 'trustworthy' is vague and hard to determine attribute?) - some googling will bring up numerous sites and with variable offers.

Let me simply relay my experience in trading in or selling back old iDevices: 1) I've traded in several to Apple when buying a new iDevice - so, if you plan to buy something new from Apple then a good choice; 2) I've sold several old iPads to the Its Worth More website for decent prices - a recommendation; and 3) My son, a professional IT person responsible for 'buying and selling' many Apple products, both laptops and iDevices, uses Gazelle - he likes their no hazzle reliability but the prices are not the best.

Finally, you need to properly setup your iDevice for sale or donation (say, to a relative or friend) - the service you use will provided specific and detailed directions - also, look here at Apple's KB Article on the subject. Good luck. Dave

ADDENDUM: Of course, you can always do a trade-in w/ your cell phone provider - last fall we exchanged my wife's old iPhone 6 for the XR w/ Verizon; well, they had a special deal, i.e. a second iPhone XR for free (obviously the data plan cost), but I ended up w/ a smart phone to replace my 'dumb one'!
Thanks for your suggestions!

Most reactions