What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with WordPress and BlogPress for iPad

owlsheadbiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks ...

My client has a WordPress blog, which she edits frequently from her iPad. She attempted to use the native WordPress interface via web (she tried both Firefox and Safari), but she can't scroll through the content of her blog post using the admin edit panel. The window appears with her content and the toolbars at the top, but the scroll bar on the right is nonexistent - it just doesn't appear. Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

She did install BlogPress, but that presents a different issue. As long as she is saving drafts locally, she can see them in what WordPress calls the visual view, which is her preference. When she saves drafts online, blogpress reverts to the html view if there are any images in the content. Her blog is image-heavy (she's an interior designer), so this is always a problem. She doesn't know html, nor does she have any interest in seeing the code. This happens even when she tries to view published posts. Anyone know how to fix this?

Is there a better blogging app out there that she should try? I'm reluctant to suggest another unless I know it is likely to work for her - she is getting frustrated.

Thanks,
~owlsheadbiz

PS: I would test these things myself, but I don't have an iPad!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe WordPress has their own app. That might work better than using the website for some things. I've also heard good things about Blogsy, which is supposed to work with WordPress sites.

I have no personal experience with either app.

Most reactions

Latest posts