What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tried to upgrade to iOS 5.1 now my iPad2 and iPhone4S are locked up!

aprince27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

This evening I went to update both my iPad2 and iPhone4S to iOS5.1. I was able to downbload the updates; however, when it began the install process an error message came up saying tht it could not proceed. (Ishould have written it down). As a result, the screens on both devices have the iTunes icon and telling me to connect the device through the cord with iTunes.

The problem is it never was disconnect - when i disconnect and try again. iTunes no longer recognizes any device. I tried rebooting iTunes and then my pc and no change. I'm hoping I am not stuck forever and unable to use either devices.

Any suggestions!?? Thanks in advance!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you might need to get into recovery mode. Before you run off and start playing, however, I have no experience with this. Your best bet would be to go and ask some questions in the Hacking section as the guys in there will almost certainly know what's going on.

Most reactions