What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel to China

jimfastcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be going to Beijing and Shanghai in 3 weeks from Canada.
I purchased the adapter kit from the Apple store, but looking at the graphic on the package, it looks like the same plug as North America....
Anybody have any experience with this ? Will my Canada charger work in China ?

How difficult will it be to find Free Wi-Fi in these cities ?

Thanks for your help:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be going to Beijing and Shanghai in 3 weeks from Canada.
I purchased the adapter kit from the Apple store, but looking at the graphic on the package, it looks like the same plug as North America....
Anybody have any experience with this ? Will my Canada charger work in China ?

How difficult will it be to find Free Wi-Fi in these cities ?

Thanks for your help:confused:

During my last visit to Beijing and Shanghai I found that all the major hotels had US-style plugs, so there should be no problem. In Hong Kong, although it's now Chinese, its UK 'heritage' means that it has many UK-style plugs.

No problems with WiFi - both in hotels, coffee shops, franchises (MacDonalds - yes, you can't get away from them) and many public spaces. Some of them are 'filtered' by the great 'Firewall of China' so there may be some sites that you can't access. If you're planning to retrieve your mail while you're there, you might want to check to see if your service provider's email server or webmail is on the 'banned' list.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions