What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Translator

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know of a translator that will keep operating ?

In google on a pc I can get into a Greek pixmania account and go from page to page translating into English as I go.

Is it possible on an iPad ? ....thank you.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried using Google the same way from your iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use the Google Search app. Go to apps and choose Translate. Paste (or enter) the URL into to the text box (I just copied one from the Safari URL box). Choose the language. Tap the Search icon.

In my tests, the links that worked at all, the pages stayed translated as long as you don't kill the extra translate bar at the top of the page. Occasionally hitting a link will result in a popup menu asking if you want the page in English, the current feed, or want to offer a better translation.

Other than that, it worked well enough. Well I think it did. Since I don't read Esperanto (the language I tested) I've no idea how the actual translations were; but the pages were translated.

Most reactions

Latest posts