What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Iphone incoming MMS images to iMac

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help please ?

I have no idea how to transfer incoming MMS texts with images into my iPhoto library on my iMac.
On my iPhone 5, the option for Photostream is not available for MMS messages. S I save them to camera roll and still haven't managed to work it out.
Appreciate anyone's advice.
Thank you

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you plug your iPhone into your iMac via USB cable your phone's camera roll will show in iPhoto (just like a camera). You can select and import them that way.

If iPhoto is not showing the phone's camera roll (for some unknown reason) then you can use the Image Capture app (in your Applications folder) to import pictures to the iMac, and then import them to iPhoto form there.

If iPhoto on the Mac is the most recent version, you should be able to turn on Photo Stream syncing. It also needs to be turned on in System Preferences > iCloud on the iMac, in your iPhoto settings on the Mac, in Settings > iCloud on the iPad, and in Settings > Photos on the iPad. Anything copied to the Camera Roll should (eventually) show up in your main Photo Stream, where you can import it in iPhotos on the iMac.

I'm not familiar with how to do it, exactly, in iPhotos. My version is old and does not support Photo Stream. I'd update it, but I use Aperture more often, and it is up to date.

Good luck.

green7o7o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of using itunes I suggest you to upload your iphone music to online storage then download them to your computer. It may sound stupid but you can’t transfer content that are not purchased from Store. Further more, it’s better that we have the data store somewhere else beside computer in case the computer crash and lose all the data oneday. Or you can try this way:How to transfer music from iphone to Mac

Last edited:

green7o7o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’ve met the same problem before. Personally I prefer to use online storage instead of itunes. It’s a more convenient way to backup data. In case your macbook crash you can still recover these data from your e-storage. These articles helped me a lot:

green7o7o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those songs were purchased from iTunes, you can transfer them to a computer that is authorized for your Apple ID because they should be linked to your iTunes account.
For other songs were not purchase from iTunes, iTunes won’t help you. But you can still transfer them to computer with the help of 3-rd party software. Here’re some advice:

OP
M

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, this does make sense !

Most reactions