What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring apps and content from iPad1?

andrewgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I buy an iPad2, am I able to load the apps that I've already purchased onto it?

Similarly, what about books for the Amazon Kindle application?

Thanks in advance!

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im doing a back up before I return my Ipad (its a week old) tomorrow for the Ipad 2. Plus I have to unjailbreak my Ipad before I return it.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes and yes. Just sync the iPad 2 with the same itunes as the iPad 1.

The kindle apps are not tied to any device, so just open the kindle app and download your purchased books.

I really hope this is true for in da future. Id hate to loose all my apps(192 of them) n have to pay all over for them. We need a current ipad owner updrading to ipad2 to confirm this.

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I really hope this is true for in da future. Id hate to loose all my apps(192 of them) n have to pay all over for them. We need a current ipad owner updrading to ipad2 to confirm this.

There is no way you will have to pay for the already bought apps again. This is not how the AppStore works. You buy apps; they currently come in three versions, iPhone, iPad and Universal and if you have either one of the latter two bought, you can use those apps on iPad 2.

Just go back in time. You didn't need to buy apps again which were bought on iPhone 3 after upgrading to iPhone 4.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

There is no way you will have to pay for the already bought apps again. This is not how the AppStore works. You buy apps; they currently come in three versions, iPhone, iPad and Universal and if you have either one of the latter two bought, you can use those apps on iPad 2.

Just go back in time. You didn't need to buy apps again which were bought on iPhone 3 after upgrading to iPhone 4.

Ok, i see ur point. Thats good news then for current ipad owners who gonn take the plunge nupgrad to ipad2. So will i just enter innsame exact apple id and password, then ur good? Or is this thru restoring ipad1 info into ipad 2?

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, i see ur point. Thats good news then for current ipad owners who gonn take the plunge nupgrad to ipad2. So will i just enter innsame exact apple id and password, then ur good? Or is this thru restoring ipad1 info into ipad 2?

Either method will work. If you restore you will keep all your app progress (eg game saves). If you load new you will loose app state.

Most reactions