What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer pics in folders from PC to iPad 2

somedayistoday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm sure this is covered somewhere in all of the threads within these forums, but I did not find anything after conducting a quick search......anyway, I would like to take the pictures that I have in files (Christmas 2011, Baby's 1st bd, January 2012 vacation, etc.) and transfer them (keeping all original pics in their original files) from my pc to my iPad 2. I found this to be impossible when I purchased the iPad earlier this year. I ended up with all of the files and pictures, but the pictures were haphazardly strewn about within the folders, i.e. baby pics in Christmas folder with some of the Christmas pics, vacation pics in with some of the baby pics folder, etc. Is there an app, process or trick that would allow me to successfully conquer such a simple task? I used iTunes when I uploaded the pics from my pc to my iPad.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Blokken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Photo Manager Pro for this purpose. It´s not a free program, but I like it because it does what I want, placing my pictures in folders

notanotherhobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it not be easier to make new folders on the PC and place copies of the appropriate pics in the respective folder. Then, connect the iPad go to iTunes and sync these new folders to the iPad. That's what I do and it works just fine.

kaitholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Dropbox and they transferred without a hitch. I like the folder response. Think I'll try that.

cheese81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
notanotherhobby said:
Would it not be easier to make new folders on the PC and place copies of the appropriate pics in the respective folder. Then, connect the iPad go to iTunes and sync these new folders to the iPad. That's what I do and it works just fine.

Whenever I do this my pics are shuffled and appear in Folders at random. What am I missing?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cheese81 said:
Whenever I do this my pics are shuffled and appear in Folders at random. What am I missing?

Make sure these folders are sub-folders of My Pictures and that each folder is selected in iTunes under the Photo tab whilst the device is connected. You cannot have sub-folders of the sub-folders.

cheese81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Make sure these folders are sub-folders of My Pictures and that each folder is selected in iTunes under the Photo tab whilst the device is connected. You cannot have sub-folders of the sub-folders.

Thx. I thought I was doing this but I'll double check tonight.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try iFile. Not free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

schiehallion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

On a similar theme, I have transferred many photos from PC to my Ipad, but noticed that the uploaded files are smaller. Most of my photos were approx 5mb on PC, but saved as approx 1mb on the Ipad. Is there a way of preventing this (ie saving photo files on Ipad in their full size?)

Many thanks in Advance

Most reactions